Become a Member
Please join us during our regularly scheduled monthly meeting or one of our events. Throughout the year, the SDC offers informative monthly programs, special events, debates, and rallies too. SDC is extremely active in the campaigns of our local, state, and federal Democratic candidates. Come see, learn, and understand what the Staunton Democratic Committee is trying to accomplish within the community.
Our monthly democratic committee meetings are normally held at 7:00 PM on the 2nd Tuesday of each month in the Staunton City Hall Building in the City Council Chambers at 116 West Beverley Street, 1st floor, Staunton, VA. NOTE: During COVID, the SDC is meeting virtually on Zoom. The link for the meeting is posted on our Facebook group in advance of each meeting. Visit our Facebook group by clicking HERE.
We look forward to having you join us!
How can you join the Staunton Democratic Committee? Just follow one of these two options for submitting your membership form and membership contribution.
1. ONLINE: Click this button to fill out the membership application online.
2. ON PAPER: Click this button to print the membership application PDF below then either (1) bring it with your voluntary suggested contribution to the next monthly meeting or (2) mail the application and your contribution to Staunton Democratic Committee, P. O. Box 152, Staunton, VA 24402.
When you become a Staunton Democratic Committee member, our committee's suggested annual membership dues is:
$30.00, Per Person
$10.00, Per Student
*If these suggested dues are outside of your budget, you are still welcome to join us but please consider giving what you can.
Note: If making your contribution/donation online through ActBlue.com you will see an offer to set up recurring monthly contributions. Using ActBlue lets you spread your contribution over the course of the year. This recurring donation plan has proven to be quite convenient for some of our SDC members. Example: $5, per month x 12 months = $60.00
If applicable, IN THE COMMENT BOX OF ACTBLUE please note: In addition to my dues, I am making a donation of $_____________. If you are using the recurring ActBlue.com donation plan state the amount of $_______, per month.
All monies collected by the SDC are used to advance the party’s primary goals of electing Democrats to office to represent us in local, state and federal government. Examples of expenditures include headquarters rent, insurance, WIFI, mailing expenses, supplies for campaign activities, Get Out the Vote (GOTV), and voter registration, and reserving facilities for events.
We are a volunteer organization. We need help to reach all of our Staunton neighbors to inform them about our candidates, register them to vote, and get out the vote on Election Day. Whether it’s on the phone, at the doors or behind the scenes, every person makes a difference in our efforts. Volunteer efforts are coordinated by the Staunton, Augusta, Waynesboro Join Committee
To become a volunteer with the SAW Joint Democratic Committees follow one of these steps:
1. ONLINE: Click this button and complete the SAW Volunteer Form online.
2. ON PAPER: Print a Volunteer Form (click red icon below for printing form) and bring it to the next meeting, or mail it to the Joint SAW Volunteer Coordinator at Augusta County Democratic Committee P.O. Box 2121 Staunton, VA 24402.
3. IN PERSON: Come to or stop by a regularly scheduled meeting. Monthly meetings are normally held at 7 pm at the City Council Chambers on West Beverley Street, on the second Tuesday of the month.